Hey there! Nice to meet you.

My name is Émilie and I'm a totally coffee-brained 20 something who is motivated by self-education and variety. In other words, I love to dip my toes in everything, but mainly specialty coffee. 

I grew up all over west Michigan. I moved and went to Texas A&M University for a  year and a half where I studied Physics/Astronomy. Not fond of life in Texas, I packed up again and moved to Australia. I learned heaps about the beautiful coffee culture, took a barista course there, and took my first stride down this rabbit hole we call the coffee industry. 

Currently I live in the United States, slinging specialty coffees and teas as a Senior/Lead Barista at Lemonjello's, a busy coffee shop nestled in a West Michigan town named Holland. We’ve been in People Magazine, Midwest Living Magazine, and Buzzfeed.

I'm​ happily part of the Barista Guild of America/Specialty Coffee Association of America/Europe and Australian Specialty Coffee association. I'm a certified professional barista through the SCAE and I've taken a few classes through the Australian Coffee School. While I’ve been accumulating experience and knowledge here, it’s always been part of my plan to return to Australia.

This summer I'm interning at an organic urban farm. I have a deep reverence for math, science, art, and beauty. I believe in a balance between them. Other random things I enjoy doing include but are not limited to cosmetology, human health science, physics and astronomy, anything yogic, making chocolate the traditional way on marble, etc.

The only thing I enjoy more than making and serving great coffee is connecting with people through it.

So let's get to it!

Comments

Popular Posts